By using Woven, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age and that you agree to the terms of this privacy and security policy. “Woven” refers both to the application installed on your device and to the supporting back-end provided on our servers. Woven is created by litl llc (“litl”).
Here’s how Woven handles your photos and information:
What information do we collect?
In order for you to use certain Woven features, we may ask you to provide a user name and a valid email address. We use this information to identify you and communicate with you.
We store the following information associated with your Woven account on our secure servers:
- Your account name, email and login details. We also log your IP address.
- Metadata concerning your photos (for example, image name, size or other characteristics). We may also store your photos on our servers where necessary to provide our service.
- Access Tokens: these allow Woven automatic read-only access to your chosen photo services so that you can view your photos in Woven.
- Device ID or phone number.
- Depending on the policies of the photo services you use, we may collect certain information about you from your photo service accounts (including social networking applications like Facebook), such as gender, age, occupation, hobbies, interests, zip code, contacts or other information that you have provided to the photo service or made public or otherwise available. We analyze this type of data anonymously.
- If your photo contains location metadata, we store that location data in association with your account in the photo metadata and also in our database. However, we analyze this location data only in aggregate and anonymously.
- We store other information about your use of Woven, such as how many photo services and photo sources you are using with Woven, when each of your devices was last used with Woven, and other aggregate information about your use of the Woven application. This information is analyzed anonymously.
We store the following information on your device:
- Photos that you view, including those marked private, are stored for offline viewing.
- An Access Token which logs you into your Woven account automatically when you use Woven.
All communication between your device and our servers is SSL-encrypted for your privacy. We may use Localytics, an in-app analytics service that can track user interface events, location data, and device and mobile OS type. Localytics will only report information to us in aggregate and anonymously.
How do we use your information?
Woven uses this information to provide and improve the services and to communicate with you. We may email you from time to time to inform you of changes to this policy, changes to the Woven End-User Licensing Agreement (EULA), or other important information. We may request users of Woven to complete questionnaires or surveys regarding your experience with Woven. Your responses are solely used by us to assist in improving our services or the features and functionality of Woven. Participation in such surveys is voluntary.
We use text files called cookies to provide us with information about visits to woventheapp.com. In particular, we have deployed Google Analytics which use first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains. The analytics applications we use also collect the IP address of website visitors in order to provide us with a sense of where our visitors come from geographically. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends to us without identifying individual visitors. If desired, you can block cookies in your browser settings.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information as follows:
- Third-Party Service Providers: we may, from time to time, outsource some or all of the operations of our business to third-party service providers. Entities with which we partner for special projects or initiatives are provided with the minimum amount of information needed for the purpose of accomplishing their tasks and we restrict how such service providers may access, use and disclose your data.
- Business Transfers: in the event that litl sells or buys any business or assets, litl may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Legal Investigations and requests: we may disclose your information to law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies when required to do so or when, in good faith, we believe it is necessary in order to comply with legal obligations.
In order for you to make use of Woven and for us to provide services, it is necessary for us to collect, store and in some cases transfer your information to third parties. Any such transfers will be solely for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to Woven users. If you object to such transfers you may opt-out but this may prevent you from being able to make use of Woven.
We will provide an opt-out link in promotional emails from litl to enable you to opt-out if you no longer wish to receive these.
Data Retention and Deletion of your data
You can delete all data on our servers obtained from a particular photo service (metadata, Access Token, and any data concerning that photo service account and its usage) by deselecting that photo service from the screen in Woven where you selected sources for your photos.
To delete all your photo data from our servers, simply deselect all of your photo services in this same screen. We will also delete your data on our servers on request from a photo service as may be required by agreements between litl and the photo service.
You can delete content data stored on your device simply by logging out of your Woven account. You can delete cookies set by our website using your browser’s settings.
Once deleted, all data is considered irrecoverable. We accept no obligation to recover your deleted data on request so please make this decision carefully.
We will retain your photo data and information for as long as you use Woven and for a reasonable time thereafter.
How to update your information
You can update the content and accuracy of your information at any time. You can update the name you gave us by tapping your name in the Info tab. You can then use the onscreen keyboard to overwrite the name.
If you forget your account password, you can reset your password using the ‘Reset my password’ button on the account sign-in screen. An email will be sent to your address containing a link. Clicking on this link will take you to a webform where you can reset your password.
If you are signed in to Woven and wish to change your password, go to the Info screen and tap the ‘Change password’ button. This will take you to a screen where you can enter your new password.
You can change your email address for your account on recent versions of Woven by tapping ‘Change email address’ on Woven’s Info screen. You will be prompted to enter your updated email address and your existing Woven password. If you cannot see a ‘Change email address’ button in the Info screen, then to change your email address you will need to set up a new Woven account using your new email address. Remember to delete the data in your old account by following the instructions above.
We strongly recommend that you always use the most recent Woven release. New releases may contain important bug fixes or improved features to enhance the security and privacy of your photos and data.
Litl takes reasonable security measures such as password protection and encryption as we deem appropriate to protect the information we collect from misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Litl employees authorized to access your data are required to take the appropriate safeguards to protect your data. All communication between your device and our servers is SSL-encrypted for your privacy. While we do use care to protect your information, you should keep in mind that Woven is run on software, hardware, and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security. You are required to keep your Woven passwords confidential. Litl is not responsible for misuse of passwords.
Notification of changes to this policy
Woven Privacy and Security Policy version 2.2
Effective Date: 12pm US EDT May 2, 2012